Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So I bought a Jeep part 2

So I left off in a hurry yesterday but I think I remember where I was in my introduction to the Jeep.

My wife was the one that found the Jeep on Craigslist and emailed it to me at work. I had just been nice to her earlier that day, something which I am not the best at and have to be reminded to do occasionally, and her response to my niceness was to help me find a suitable Jeep. The three suggestions that she sent me were: a jacked up hunting jeep with dead bodies strewn across it (it was a weird picture that I assume was taken near Halloween), a rust bucket that was pictured next to a ramshackle barn with grass grown up around it 2-3 feet tall and a fantastic looking black rhino lined 1972 cj5 with a 304 v8 and brand new interior. I obviously chose the one with the dead bodies strewn across it ... oh wait, that one creeped me out so I bit on the third Jeep which looked cool but was super old. After all of the accolades on the posting for the Jeep were a couple "small" issues that would have to be taken care of before I would have my dream toy. 1) the gas in the tank was dirty from sitting for so long so would have to be drained and (2 a thrown bearing which the seller hadn't had time to fix and caused a slight grinding noise while driving. At $3500 who would let these tiny little issues stop them from snatching this magnificent vehicle up. When I emailed the seller he said I was too late, that he had a buyer coming by the next day to pick it up, but that he would let me know if they fell through. Talk about disappointed! I had found a great deal on a Jeep within driving distance for exactly the price that I was selling my motorcycle and it was already sold. I was dejected. I half heartedly looked at some other Jeeps and trucks but none had the amazing curb appeal of the one that got away.

As bummed as I was, I was equally elated and excited when Tuesday rolled around and I got an email from the guy, who subsequently lived in Buda in case you were curious, saying that the sale had fallen through. I felt like I had gotten a second chance at happiness and I wasn't about to miss out this time. I had two stressful days of work between me and my ultimate toy and it could be sold at any time. I must have sent the seller 5 or 6 email asking random questions and making sure he hadn't sold it to some bastard who probably wouldn't appreciate it. Thursday came and me and my friend Cory drove our happy asses 140 miles to Buda to pick her up.

I feel very long winded right now and I want beer so tune in next time for getting her home, "what could possibly happen if I run it in the driveway for a few minutes?", and how to spend a hundred dollars on pretty much nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment